Hiking in Carinthia
From easy walking up to challenging mountain tours
You can read stories about hiking in the Naturel blog. There we provide you with self-tested tips for hikes in Carinthia and show you the most beautiful impressions from our region.
You can find bookable hiking offers here.
There is power in walking. The Naturel Hoteldorf SCHÖNLEITN is a good place to start. The familiarity, tranquillity, warmth and security that the village radiates will take you along the wonderful trails in Carinthia, Italy and Slovenia. We don't just hike in Carinthia, but also enjoy the mountains and trails of the neighbouring countries and the country's culinary delights.
The possibilities for hiking are as diverse as the cultural area in the border triangle itself. From very leisurely walks with prams to challenging mountain tours, much is possible. We not only support you in planning your hike, but are also happy to accompany you on the hike itself.
Of course, you can also hike the trails on your own. We are happy to provide you with maps, hiking guides and personal tips from the Naturel team. You can find interesting and useful information online with the Carinthia tour planner or the Villach Region APP .
The hiking regions around the Naturel Hoteldorf SCHÖNLEITN include the Karawanken, the Nockberge, the Julian Alps, the Dobratsch Nature Park, the Carnic Alps and the Triglav National Park. We are also on the path of the Alpe-Adria Trail, which is very popular with long-distance hikers. And the informal atmosphere of the hotel village.
Our hiking expertise coupled with fantastic hikes to peaks and huts makes a holiday in SCHÖNLEITN. Varied landscapes, wonderful panoramas, the dreamlike view of mountains and lakes, culinary as well as cultural diversity in the three-country sound, tours from easy to difficult and short access routes - you will appreciate all this when you pursue your wanderlust in the Carinthian countryside.
- Special highlight: "MY GUIDE", from now on you can book your very own personal hiking guide . You tell us where you want to go and our Ule will accompany you on the wonderful trails of the region. Follow this link and book your desired date.
Member of the European Hiking Hotels - the quality promise
We have been a member of the Wanderhotels since 2019. What this means, you can read here:
"With us, unique mountain and nature experiences await you in the most beautiful hiking areas of the Alps. As diverse as the landscapes are, as individual are our hotels, all of which are family-run, and often have been for generations. What unites us is our love of the mountains, our passion for hiking and the aspiration to offer our guests an eventful, enjoyable and authentic hiking holiday. Year after year. Day after day.
Since 1995 we have been pooling our experience and ideas and working together to develop the specific services needed for a perfect hiking holiday. The results of our work are documented in our quality programme, which guarantees you a first-class experience and service quality in all member hotels. In line with our quality promise, each of our hotels meets the following criteria
- Best location: Our hotels are situated in the middle of the most beautiful hiking regions in Austria, South Tyrol and Germany. The hiking trails start right outside the front door.
- Alpine competence: In each of our hotels you will meet passionate and experienced hiking experts who are at your disposal for all questions regarding your tour planning.
- Guided tours: We offer free guided tours with our mountain guides 3-5 days a week: from family hikes to selected summit tours.
- Equipment service: You can rent equipment such as hiking poles, backpacks and child carriers free of charge in our hotels, subject to availability.
- Hiking taxi: For organised and guided tours, our hotel's hiking taxi is available free of charge. For individual tours: Hiking taxi at your own expense.
- Wellness: After the hikes you can relax in the sauna, steam bath or with massages and soothing baths - with herbs from the Alps.
- Enjoyable and healthy cuisine: We spoil you with culinary delicacies from the region, enjoyable wholefoods and vegetarian specialities". (Wanderhotels - Europe )